Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mommy's all-star



I love baseball. Yep. it is probably my favorite sport. I always remember watching baseball on TV growing up. I even went to a few Atlanta Braves games with my Dad. I remember the stadium being so big... but maybe it was because I was "little". I played softball in middle school and high school. It was so much fun. It is such a classy sport... well if you can call a sport classy. The uniforms are usually nice and neat. No crazy colors or logos (for the most part). It has tradition.

Baseball is the one sport that my hubby and I can agree on. We are both Yankees fans. I'm not sure when I became a "Yankee fan", I know when I was little I watched the Braves, but some where along the way I started watching the Yankees. I think its the pinstripes... they do have a great looking uniform. :) But they have some great players. I was so excited last year when they won the World Series. I even wrote in Joey's baby book. So one day he can say "the yankees were World Series champs when I was born!" that and it snowed! (It never snows in Hilton Head, SC) but that's a whole other story.

So tonight Joey watched part of the All star game with us. I'm not sure what he really sees when he looks at the TV, but he sure seemed interested. I have never been to a Yankee game, well i have never been to New York for that matter. So I hope that the love of baseball and our 1st Yankee game is something me and my little all-star can share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment