Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

5 months old

Its hard to believe that this time last year I was pregnant. In my first trimester, sick, starting to show (but really just looked like I ate to many donuts for breakfast), pregnant. at that point I didn't even know if it was a boy or girl, so I had a millions thoughts going through my mind. from what color eyes and hair, to how to decorate the room, to "will I make it through this??" The beginning is rough... there is so much going on mentally physically and emotionally, you are on a roller coaster for a little while.

Fast forward 1 year...

Joey turned 5 months old today. As I write this he is lying here next to me making noises and moving all around. This kid is going to run before he walks. He doesn't stop... talking... kicking... grabbing things... He rolls over and is almost sitting up. He can hold onto things and almost hold his own bottle. He amazes me everyday with something he does.

It is amazing how fast he grows and how smart he is. Just 5 months ago he was this little guy who I held in my arms and seemed so small. I look at newborn clothes now and think "was he really this small?" OK. so he was never really "small". 8lbs. 12 oz. at birth is not small. :) But now that he weighs in a little over 16 lbs. he was "small". Wow. In 5 months he has doubled in size. I wonder where we will be at 10 months?

5 months ago...



No comments:

Post a Comment