Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our first outing

First of all it was absolutely gorgeous today in Hilton Head... Sunny and in the 70's. Spring is definitely right around the corner. It has been 3 1/2 weeks since I have really been out of the house, except for a few of Joey's Dr. appointments. Since the weather has been so nice lately I have really wanted to get out.Christian was off work today so we packed up Joey and headed out.

We needed to go to Target for a bunch of stuff and I really wanted to go to Carter's and get some things for Joey. It was a perfect day to walk around the outlets and was Joey's first time in his stroller. He is outgrowing his newborn stuff so I wanted to pick up a few things in his next size. They have some adorable things for the spring and summer! We got a few great little outfits (of course once he can fit into them I will post pics).

After we left there we decided to go to Panera and get some food (I love their salads) and went to a little park and ate lunch at a picnic table. It was amazing to just sit there in the quiet afternoon and have lunch with my little family. Being that the past couple of weeks have been a bit chaotic with figuring out a newborn, feeding, diapers and the lack of sleep, it was nice to just have a some what relaxing afternoon.

Joey was asleep for most of the trip. Being in the car and the stroller I'm sure helped since he was in motion. I was proud of him for being such a good little guy. I have to say I was pretty proud of myself too. It's a scary world out there with a newborn. Today was the first of many outings we will have and each day I will continue to learn something new from my amazing little boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment