Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mama told me.... when I was young

There are many times as a mother you think of things differently. Tonight we were watching American Idol and its down to the final 3. I have been a fan of Crystal Bowersox all season, but tonight I have to say I was completely blown away by Lee Dewyze. Maybe it was because of the song choice... He sang "Simple Man", by Lynard Skynard. I have always liked this song, but tonight when I listened to the lyrics they had more meaning to me. I have a son now and these words are what I would want him to hear. He was waking up from his nap as the song was still on. I picked him up and danced with him in my arms and sang to him. These days there are not to many things on TV that can bring a tear to your eye, but tonight as I held my son in my arms, I did have tears. Not sad tears, but hopeful tears... that my little boy will have an amazing life. And that I can do everything possible to guide him in the right direction. These are the things that every mom would want for her son...

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

No comments:

Post a Comment