Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

No time for that

So I have not sat down to write anything in a week and a half. Boy have I been busy and well... tired. My last post was after my first day back to work after being on maternity leave for 3 months. I was excited to be back and kinda had a new energy. Now a bit later I am not quite as energized and excited to be back. I know I'm still getting into the routine of life with a baby (and I am extremely lucky to have a pretty good little boy) and I really did miss my girls at work... its great to get to see them everyday and catch up on their lives. I have a new boss now who I got to meet this week for the first time and he is fantastic and I already enjoy working for him. BUT... the one thing I did not miss at all was the drama that some people cause for no damn reason. 

Maybe now that I am a mom I have a different outlook on things. I know I do have more patience now and things that at one point in my life may have mattered really don't now. What matters is my little boy, my husband and my family. When you have a child you don't really think about yourself as much, because now everything that you do is for that little smile you get when you get home from work. That little person who depends on you for everything, who's whole world revolves around yours and yours around theirs. You can not be a selfish person. Selfish people seem to be the ones that cause the drama. They can not look past them selves to see that there are more important things in life.

So for those drama causing people out there. They can stay out of my world. This mom has no time for that. What this mom does have time for is wonderful family and friends and the people who love and support me even when I'm having a bad day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment